We've decided to have the NT scan done tomorrow. There was a lot of back and forth debating (mostly in my head) and I talked to a variety of people, but ultimately it was your Aunt Sabrina that helped me decide. She's a special ed teacher and said that from an educator's perspective, if something were to go wrong, then knowing this early would give us an advantage to get tapped into support networks.
About half the people I talked to said that they didn't do the NT scan because it wouldn't change anything and they wouldn't abort no matter what the results were. It seems to me that that's a rather grim way to look at things. I don't see the test as being at a crossroads to terminate or not to terminate. I want to have the scan done because I want to check in with The Bug. I want to know that all is developing the way it's supposed to. Maybe that makes me a control freak or overly sensitive. Whatever. I'm your mom. This shouldn't surprise you.
I also decided that there are going to be a lot of things about parenthood that are going to scare the crap out of your father and I, and if we start cowering now, it's going to eat us up before we know what hit us. So we're going into this full steam. Well, I'm going into it full steam, I think your father's along for a ride on the crazy train. :)
Well, I've felt a little yucky all day and I'm going to try to get to bed a little earlier. I hope wherever you are, you're happy, healthy and warm. Take care. I love you.